Thursday 30 August 2007

I Would Have Liked Me a Lot Last Night

Last night I dreamed that Malcolm Middleton and Aidan Moffatt from the now-defunct Inner Hebredian Edgar Allen Poe miserable sod collective Arab Strap, were both shoplifters. I dreamed they were trying to steal King of the Hill box sets from my shop. I dreamed I chased them out of the shop and pointing them out to a policeman who was standing outside the shop by a lamp post. I said "Look, these two people who were in Arab Strap are trying to steal King of the Hill box sets from my shop" and the policemen said he knew who they were but they were looking too mean so he couldn't stop them. Malcolm Middleton turned round and said I was "goon ta regret that wan" and then I closed my shop and went home to bed. I dreamed that Arab Strap came along and torched my back garden and conservatory and Aidan was saying that stealing King of the Hill box sets was the only way they could make a living now because Ten Years of Tears didn't do so well although Malcolm didn't comment on his moderately successful third solo album because I think he just enjoyed setting fire to my house.

No comments: