Monday 19 November 2007

You're No Rock and Roll Fun

Two things I've learned in the last week or so:

'Atlantis to Interzone' by Klaxons is completely brilliant. Much as I hate to admit it, but having only previously experienced the song on frosty February mornings trying not avoid getting out of bed and having either Phil Jupitus or Sean Keavney (neither both of whom I resent even entering my earspace and thus have no intention of letting them have any persuasive effect on my musical taste) tell me they're so hip they could make Ironside walk again, the general barminess of Atlantis to Interzone was utterly lost on me. It's like having a Murikami book read to you by your parents. A waste of time and effort, and with a bonus headache. However, four consecutive nights of drinks mixed so badly you could paint fields of roses with my vomit, and an involuntary hand actions which prior to last Wednesday, I'd never raised above pint-height apart from volunteering to leave whatever piss-soaked hellhole I'd ended up in. So a new life, a new ability to point out directions to fellow dancers to the nearest loser whilst DJs pump up the nonsense, and Bobs Your Uncle, I'm ressurected as a modern man who likes the Klaxons and makes eyes at people sixteen thousand times my own quality. I'm not entirely sure if this is a good thing. Actually it's not. Plus, as my research which led to downloading one song and declaring the search over, The Routron 5000 remix of 'Adieu' by Enter Shikari is how a preposutrous combination of bad rock music and bad trance music can unite to make the ultimate 2-wrongs-making-a-right slab of total genius.

There are people out there who still think that I know everything about music and are too scared to talk to me for this precise reason. There aren't enough gigabites in the entire universe of cyberspace for me to go into great depth about how utterly wrong a misrepresentation this is, but for the record, the last sentence of the above paragraph proves my point. Tim Westwood knows a fuck of a lot more than 99% of the population about music, but that doesn't mean you should be scared of him - he wears ridiculous striped jumpers on 'Pimp My Ride' for one thing. For another, despite these qualities, he's a total bell end.

No comments: